|ECS 301 – Fall 2014
- “Class was always engaging and enjoyable. The environment allowed us to share ideas and challenge others. We explored many topics and related them to our placements. Very well done. Great use of technology.”
- “Katia’s knowledge and understanding of pre-service teachers was outstanding. She made the class light up everyday even with strong topics of discussion. She is honest, dedicated and such an amazing professor. Best the Education Department has.”
- “I really appreciate that Katia incorporated all of her personal experiences to share with us. Katia has so much knowledge and experience that makes her such a great teacher. I really liked how she brought in things that were happening in the news around us to teach us lessons about teaching.
- “The lecture component of the class was always very informative. Katia consistently related our lectures to current events and personal experiences (both from her own life and ours) which made the discussions more engaging. We had some very intense/engaging/ thoughtful/debatable discussions throughout the semester.”
- “Katia is an amazing educator from whom I continue to learn from. Her passion and knowledge surrounding educator inspires me daily. She has all of our best interests at heart and has been more than supportive through the ‘tougher’ times this semester brought. I am thankful for experiencing her kindness and support throughout this semester.”
- “Katia is one of the most inspiring, funny, caring, smart, respectful people I have had the opportunity to get to know, let alone take a class from. She not only truly cares about our learning and success, but cares about us as people as well. She is so understanding when it comes to personal problems, and she is always available to just talk, if need be. As a teacher, I aspire to be as inspiring and knowledgeable as Katia is. She really reinforced, for me, that teachers need to be personable and open and genuinely care for their students, because that’s what they will remember and reflect on.”